Market Street! Improving Business (MSIB) is a 100% volunteer Economic Revitilization, Development, Community Improvement, and Marketing organization made up of 4 local small business owners. All of MSIB's officers have a business and/or own property located in the Elizabethtown. As well all the officers live in Elizabethtown (See the "About MSIB" for more information). We are focused on bringing our downtown business district, the center square, and the main street back to life, back to a thriving self-sustaining economical and activity driven community. 100% of any funds raised and/or received by MSIB is put directly back into activities, improvements, safety, support, and marketing for Elizabethtown. Our mission is to engage the community to buy, shop, and dine with locally owned businesses and in turn strengthen the economic stability of our town. Basically, we are building a strong heart and foundation while working our way out. We have a plan to rebrand Etown as well as lead the charge toward in regards to stable, balance, and sustainable Economic Development for all of Etown.
MSIB has six major areas of focus:
- Business revitalization and stability
- Provide education to the value of shopping locally and engage the local residents with the local businesses
- Create marketing opportunities to all businesses throughout Etown and the surrounding areas
- Continued beautification of our streets, storefronts, sidewalks, historic buildings and more
- Creating a strong brand identity to Etown.
- Establish open lines of communication and continuity with all major groups and organizations in Etown which allows us to work together and share resources, ideas, and more.
WE NEED HELP!!! We do have internship opportunities as well we are looking for the go-getters of the town. Those that want to make a difference and can help. Volunteer to use your skill, talent, craft, and/or expertise to assist our mission.
Ask not what your town can do for you... DO something for your town.
Let's move forward together.
Downtown sidewalk sale!
Annual FREE outdoor Live Music Festival.
Annual Etown Halloween Costume Contest held in Elizabethtown’s Central Business District
Handmade Jewelry sold at various locations in Downtown Etown during the Etown 2nd Fridays every December